Monday, 20 October 2008

Alphabeat Live in Birmingham

On the 18th of October Alphabeat played live at the Birmingham Arena. I studied the way they performed on stage so I would be able to direct my actors accordingly.

I noticed that the male singer was incredibly lively when he performed. He was holding a tambourine and using large arm movements where he often 'flung' his arm over his head in an energetic manner. He also jumped around in front of his microphone. When I film my video I will direct my actor to behave in this manner, I will do this by showing the actor clips of the way he moves in order for him to understand the way he should perform. I will also direct him to act in this way when shooting.

I noticed the the female singer was less lively when she performed. She kept her arms to her side and stepped to either side in time with the music. When i film my video i will do the same as with my male actor and show the actor performing the way she acted on stage in order to gain a similar performance style.

No comments: